Stuart Oskamp's main research interests are in the areas of attitudes and attitude change, applied social psychology, behavioral aspects of energy and resource conservation, and social issues and public policy. His books include "Attitudes and Opinions" and "Applied Social Psychology." He has been elected President of the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI) and of the APA Division of Population and Environmental Psychology, and as a member of the American Psychological Association (APA) Council of Representatives. He has also served as editor of the Journal of Social Issues and of the Applied Social Psychology Annual. Since 1984 he has organized the annual Claremont Symposium on Applied Social Psychology and co-edited the resulting annual volume published by Sage Publications. He also sings tenor in the Claremont Chorale.
- Aggression, Conflict, Peace
- Applied Social Psychology
- Attitudes and Beliefs
- Intergroup Relations
- Political Psychology
- Prejudice and Stereotyping
- Arriaga, X. B., & Oskamp, S. (Eds.). (1998). Addressing community problems: Psychological research and interventions. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Arriaga, X. B., & Oskamp, S. (Eds.). (1999). Violence in intimate relationships. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Oskamp, S., & Schultz, P. W. (2005). Attitudes and opinions (3rd ed.). Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum.
- Schultz, P. W., & Oskamp, S. (2000). Social psychology: An applied perspective. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
Department of Psychology
Claremont Graduate School
123 E. Eighth Street
Claremont, California 91711-3955
- Phone: (909) 621-8084